Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Flower Bath And A Pumpkin Head

We had a very chill and casual morning. It was so enjoyable. I teach dance on Wednesday nights so I try not to make any morning plans or appointments. So what did we do to fill our morning?

Gave Logan a bath!

He likes his Bloomin Bath.


Played on the bed.

Logan fell asleep in my lap while I stuffed diapers.

We made Mr. Pumpkin Head

(cue Phycho music now)
"Ree ree ree ree"


And a Halloween themed sensory tub

While Ayden napped, I watched (or more like listened to rather) Gilmore Girls on Netflix and got some potato soup going in the crockpot. After nap we went out to the building site to show a friend of David's brother around and then we were off to the studio. 

I make a mess of my corner while we are there...

Ayden runs around and plays with my niece while I teach and my mom was there to snuggle Logan. He woke during my last class so I fed him, gave him a diaper change and then let him hang out on my sweatshirt. He was so adorable because he would track me while I danced around the room and if I would stop to talk to him he'd give me the biggest smile!  My mom got down and tried to get some smiles too. He gave her a couple but really tried to keep his eyes on me. We could tell that he really knows me and it melted my heart to say the least.

Logan has the demeaner of the baby I always daydreamed about before we had kids. I have been thinking about this a lot lately and am actually glad that Ayden was more challenging as our first born. The only time one can grow as a person is when they are pushed out of their comfort zone and are challenged. If Ayden had been easy like Logan has been so far I would have never been challenged to grow as a person and I definitely would not have appreciated him being easy as much as I do Logan's being easy. My experience with Ayden taught me about all of the things I *thought* I knew about parenting. He has kept us on our toes and we are better people because of it. We paid our dues (and continue to do so as we guide our spirited boy through toddlerhood) and now we are able to truly enjoy Logan as we continue on this parenting journey. 

I also have been thinking a lot about how their dynamic will be as brothers. If Logan continues down the quiet, mellow path we will have to make sure he does not get overshadowed by Ayden or lost in the shuffle. At the same time, we will always need to take care that Ayden does not feel like we favor Logan for being "easier."  They are both so unique and are both truly amazing. Obviously, a lot can change, and there is no way to know what they will be like as older children at this point, but we just want to be aware and want to make sure we are doing our best to individualize our parenting. We want them to both know at their cores that they are loved unconditionally and accepted for who they are as individuals. I can only hope that they can embrace each other in this way as well and that they can be best friends for life!


~Sarah

Flashback! Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "How To: A Simple Fabric Banner"
And two years ago today: "Mr. Social"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. Aaah, hearing about Logan is making me so newborn hungry. I never imagined to feel this way after a very challenging first baby. She still challenges me at 17 months and is FAR from mellow. I think I was so challenged and sleep deprived with my first daughter that her newborn days is one huge blur now. It went by fast and slow if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet sentiments. As always I really admire your perspective and approach. I know it's not always this way (we all have rough days when we lose focus) but you are among a short list of people who I really look up to and remind myself of when I am losing my focus.

    ReplyDelete