Monday, October 27, 2014

Two Going On Threenager

Today was play group day. Ayden played hard and then fell asleep on the way home. I got him to bed and then Logan and I napped together. There was so much to be done in the house but I was tired so I just hoped things would fall into place enough later in the afternoon so I could get some housework done. And fall into place they did!  When Ayden woke up I put Logan down. He is usually wakes up when transferred but today was a lucky day. He continued to sleep for two more hours on his own which gave my back a welcomed break!

Jack-o-lantern puzzles!

While my littlest boy slept I got to have some one on one time with my big boy. 


Fall fun activity for the day: Sticker Names
(literacy/fine motor)

Toddler sticker tip:
Peeling off the outer edges makes it a little easier for them to peel off the stickers.
Leave it on for kids 3 and older for a bigger fine motor challenge.

I also got my kitchen cleaned up (it was a wreck since pumpkin carving took the time I usually spend in the kitchen at night) and got caught up on some laundry. We kept peaking in on Logan as he snoozed away and finally we saw eyes. He was just hanging out awake and gave Ayden a big, gummy grin when he went in to say hi. 


After dinner, David headed out to put a couple of hours in on the house.  Ayden played in his sand box for a bit and then we went for a short visit with my dad before we came home for bed time.  

Ayden has really made a toddler breakthrough over the past week or so.  It's like his need to be in complete control at all times has relaxed a bit.  Before, if I asked him to help me clean up something he'd spilled (usually on purpose) he'd say no or ignore me.  I'd have to make an elaborate game of it or "help" him help me by pulling him over and have him pick it up using hand over hand.  It was kind of exhausting to say the least.  Another good example of this change happened at story time last week. I was nursing Logan while all the kids played with blocks and couldn't go to Ayden when he was being rough next to another baby.  I said, "Ayden, come here please" thinking he'd say no or ignore me but he came without even hesitating, even though he knew by the tone of my voice that I was going to talk seriously to him about something.  This shift has really changed the dynamic in our household.  Don't get me wrong, he is still a 2 year old going on threenager but it's like something has clicked.  It seems as though he is realizing that when we ask things of him it is so he can work with us instead of for us.  Now that we are beginning to see the flip side of this behavior, we are gearing up for whatever comes our way next.  Ha.

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Shopping Buddies"
And two years ago today: "Same Ol' Same Ol'"




Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment